1. Speak with your financier or ask us to put you in touch with one of our own finance experts to arrange the best loan to suit your needs, and find out how much you might be able to borrow.
2. When looking for properties study the area you are thinking of buying in. Look at the surrounding areas also as you may find the perfect property in a suburb you may never have considered before.
3. Prepare a short list of features you would like in a home, such as location, beds & bath's required, bearing in mind affordability and accommodation requirements.
4. Research sales in your preferred area, by speaking to your Sterling Real Estate agent and try to inspect some properties on the market so you have a feel for the prices.
5. Develop a relationship with one of our professional Sales Consultants who specialises in your preferred area. Your Sales Consultant will be able to advise you of any additional information you may need and inform you of any new listings that hit the market before they are advertised.
6. Research includes contract perusal. Always ensure that you have reviewed the section 32 (Vendors Statement) and Contract of Sale. Ensure that all the paperwork is in order before you buy.
7. If you have any special conditions you wish to include, ask us to draft them properly for you. These often include pest inspections, or plumbing inspections, and we can organise and arrange them for you to make sure they are carried out by qualified tradesmen within the proper timeframe.
8. Following your solicitors or conveyancer’s advice on the sale contract and taking into consideration the building and pest reports, you are now able to make an informed decision to proceed with the purchase of the property.